CTC Joint Laboratory
Main responsibilities and objectives of the Joint Experimental Center:
Based on the development and clinical application of CTC-related cancer diagnostic technology, we will build an influential professional CTC detection and service base, and jointly establish laboratories with various hospitals and testing centers. Among them, CTC diagnostic technology includes CTC isolation and identification reagents, instrument development and application, CTC-related molecular and genetic detection technology and application, CTC-related pathological medical diagnostic technology, etc. Its clinical application includes preclinical research of CTC products, clinical demonstration and promotion, etc.
1. Significance of CTC detection
Compared with traditional imaging, pathology and tumor markers detection methods, CTC detection has the advantages of non-invasive, real-time, convenient, accurate and minimally invasive, and can be widely used in clinical practice.
It mainly has the following advantages:
(1) Predicting PFS and OS;
(2) Indicating the prognostic effect;
(3) recurrence and metastasis prediction and staging;
(4) It is helpful to the drug screening and the determination of the treatment plan for the individualized treatment of tumor;
(5) It is helpful to find new tumor markers and develop new anti-tumor drugs.
2. CTC detection process
3. Regional planning of joint experimental center
Integrate the existing instrument resources of the hospital for construction, and select a fixed special place to set up the experimental center. During the first phase of construction, the area of the center can be controlled at about 30m2 (Table 1). Refer to Figure 1 for the design plan of the laboratory.
4. CTC related testing equipment
CTC detection equipment is shown in Table 2. Relevant detection equipment can be purchased step by step and can be integrated on the basis of existing equipment.
Note: The above equipment manufacturers and prices are for reference only.
5. Personnel and soft environment construction
(1) Laboratory system and staffing
a) The laboratory must have complete and detailed operating rules and regulations and strictly abide by them.
B) Operators need certain professional technical knowledge and experience.
c) Operators need to have a strong sense of responsibility and work carefully.
(2) The current work is based on CTC detection technology, and the relevant superior units are combined to carry out CTC detection work.
a) CTC detection platform: auxiliary diagnosis, prognosis prediction, rapid evaluation of efficacy, immediate monitoring of drug resistance, recurrence and metastasis.
B) PCR platform: detection of genes related to chemotherapy and targeted drugs, "tailor-made" for patients, formulate individualized quality plan, and greatly improve the treatment effect.